Art is messy! The materials which are used in our classes include: inks, charcoals, oils, glue and paint. Please bear this in mind and don’t wear your best dress or it may get ruined. Come dressed for making a mess or bring an apron or shirt to protect clothing.
Most classes start with a slide lecture or a demonstration. We like to get going promptly at the start of a session so please try to arrive 5 mins before a class is due to begin. The introduction is essential to explaining what we will be doing in the session and we don’t want you to miss out.
We provide a structured and supportive environment for you to learn drawing, painting and printing skills. The atmosphere our classes is friendly and relaxed, we have a short interval during the class, but due to COVID refreshments will not be provided so please bring your own. Tutored sessions usually end with a quick critique of the work and a chance to get some feedback.
If booking a tutored class, the price of a class covers ALL your materials, tuition and model fees.
Please note that we are all obliged to follow the Scottish Government and NHS guidance surrounding social distancing and hygiene in the workplace.
Please remember to:
- bring your own food and drink as tea and coffee facilities will be not provided
- sign into the venue registrar upon your arrival
- sanitise your hands upon arrival to the workshop venues (hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance
- maintain a 2-metre distance from all other participants
- wear a face covering if you move around the building or use any communal spaces
- avoid gathering in communal areas
- avoid touching surfaces that others have touched
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands